Saturday, March 12, 2011

ALTERED BOOK


Here is the ALTERED BOOK I tried to do for Marion Smith's Challenge....of course I forgot to post it for the challenge but I had fun making it anyways.
I found an older book at the library book sale for .50 titled "That's a Keeper!". Seeing that book made me think of my 2 boys (hubbby and son) who love to fish and thought I could have fun with that book and what a steal of a price! So I stuck 2 quarters in the slot where it said "PAY HERE" and was on my way.
I cut a 4"x6" hole in the center of the book and added a photo of where my boys go fishing. The fishing pole was cut out by hand and to make it strong I added it to some recycled plastic from when I bought some Tim Holtz grungeboard. The sun was also handcut and I used glimmer mist and stickles to make the sun shiny!
A close up shows the shiny sun, some leaves, some little "berries" that I found in the floral section and a flourish made by making memories from Michaels. The TITLE of the book is on a Tim Holtz Fragment with some red glitter letter stickers. I also added a real fishing hook which I put hot glue on the tip so I wouldn't actually CATCH my own finger!

Here is a close up of some flowers I found in the floral section of Joann on clearance! I added some of the berries and some flourishes to the corner as well.



Here you can see when you pull out the top picture of the pond that they fish in it reveals the photo below which is of my to "KEEPERS"!!! On that photo I added some grass, a tree, and some flowers.




Here you can see I made the fishing pole "CATCH" my boys.
So, theres my take on the altered book. I hope you enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment